March's challenge is all about those tricky sewing machine feet that sit in our sewing boxes and never get used. Come on, you know you're guilty! Every machine comes with a variety of feet, but few sewists do anything more than switch between the zig-zag and zipper feet. Here's your chance!
Check out this Bad-boy!
A Ruffler Foot
This one has a lovely conch shell spiral!
Looks like a FMQ foot, right?
Open Toe Darning Foot
Dr. Suess's Foot Book comes to mind while I'm writing this post. My, what a lot of funny feet there are!
Hello and welcome to the Fancy Feet Sewing Challenge! This sewing challenge is open to everyone whether you publish a blog or not. This will be the 10th sewing challenge I've hosted. The first 4 challenges were co-hosted with Keren from sew la vie! Keren and I began these sewing events with the purpose of creating a collective learning experience for a group of kindred spirits. We wanted the challenges to be about inspiration and improvement of sewing skills rather than a competition. Those ideals hold true today.
You'll probably enjoy these challenges if you can answer yes to a few of these questions:
Does the theme of the challenge appeal to you?
Do you have a free afternoon (or 2) during the month of the challenge?
Do you want to improve your sewing skills or expand your sewing knowledge?
Would you like to connect with other participants from all over the world?
Are you more apt to finish a project if you have a deadline?
Please read the simple challenge guidelines:
- Choose a sewing machine foot that puts you out of your sewing comfort zone and learn how to use it.
- Complete a small project utilizing said foot. Don't shoot yourself in the foot (ha!) by choosing a difficult, time-consuming project. Your challenge won't be met if you can't complete it by the deadline.
- Photograph your project. Bloggers submit their entry by writing a post about their experience. Non-bloggers submit their entry by emailing me their photos and I'll post on their behalf.
- A just for fun poll will be conducted concerning the finished projects. Winners of the poll with receive bragging rights and fancy blog badges.
Here's the challenge timeline:
- Now through March 31st. All projects must be submitted. That means bloggers will have posted and non-bloggers will have emailed me.
- April 1-30th. Just-for-fun poll takes place.
- Mid April. A new challenge for May will be announced.
- The beginning of May. Poll winners announced and bragging rights established.
Visit my FAQ page HERE.
Grab a button and spread the word!
I like to make a Pinterest inspiration board for every challenge.
All the challenge participants can be added as contributors.
It's an easy way to share links, techniques, and ideas.
March's challenge board:
Previous challenge pinboards:
Be sure to scroll through and answer all the questions:
Happy crafting and big hugs from Montana,
Before you click away, I'd like to invite you to join in my current sewing/craft challenge.